Friday, July 2, 2010

Aggresive sleeping

Daughter, you've wounded me.

You leave bruises on my upper arms. As you slip into sleep (sometimes against your will) you like to touch, pinch, scratch, stroke, and feel skin. Generally, you can reach my upper arms (including the underside made of soft, sensitive skin), my ribcage, and my armpits. I have marks. People have commented on what look like evidence of abuse. To be honest, the touching and hurting gets to me at night. I start to lose patience, I have to give you to Daddy.

Then, when he's touched and pinched and scratched out, we switch back. Eventually you sleep and your fingers stop moving.

This too shall pass. Babies go through LOTS of phases and this is one of them. There is a particular blanket at home that has a material you like to feel. I think I'll try to teach you to touch that as you fall asleep in an attempt to save my own skin.



Once you're asleep, there is nothing in the world that feels better than cuddling with you. Cuddling with you when you're awake (and not fighting sleep) is blissful as well, but that doesn't happen very often.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Background image by Jen Furlotte