Monday, October 18, 2010

Teaching my daughter to eat yellow snow

The first snowfall came to Fairbanks recently and when Adelaide and I were walking to our house, we stopped to examine the snow. She touched it and picked it up and when she said 'snow' it sounded a little like 'gnO' with the 'O' part dragged out.

So then, yesterday, I realize I have never given the poor kid applesauce to eat. At least, not by itself. So I pulled some from the fridge, poured it into a bowl, and let her have a spoon. She dipped and tasted, liked it, then started eating it with her fingers.

When she dug her fingers in, she realized it felt familiar.

"gnO!"

Which she continued chanting as she merrily ate. She ate several bowls and I suddenly realized I just taught her about eating yellow snow. But not the way I meant to!

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Background image by Jen Furlotte