Sunday, June 13, 2010

Stairs!

Guess who knows how to go up and down stairs!

At home, our stairs are blocked off by a very large baby cage. Several panels of gates wrap around the base of the stairs, past the TV, and around a wall outlet. It's a pretty fancy system, and it seems to keep you safe.

The three teeth you are working on keep you uncomfortable enough to make the church nursery impossible. You were miserable and sad so we came to get you and brought you to sit with us. During the sermon you got antsy, so we went to walk around.

Your friend Jamie was also antsy and uninterested in the nursery, and she and her mom were also walking around. Recipe for fun!

Jamie left the mother's room, Adelaide left the mother's room. Jamie went by the coffee and donuts, Adelaide went by the coffee and donuts. Jamie went up the stairs . . .

You looked at Jamie, looked at the stairs, and went for it. You needed no encouragement from mom. If Jamie could do it, you could do it. And Jamie did it fast. You got up on that bottom step like you were an old pro. You crawled all the way up without hesitating. When Jamie went up the next flight, so did Adelaide.

My darling, brave daughter, you didn't even hesitate to come down the stairs. Face first. Luckily for my poor heart, I saw it coming. Jamie went down the stairs, mom grabbed you by the hips and held on while you laid on your belly and crawled right down those stairs. No fear. Not my girl.

The whole rest of church was spent on the stairs, and I think I've never felt so close to God. You are an amazing creature my love. Covered with the fingerprints of He who made you.

(I'm glad I got to help.)

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Background image by Jen Furlotte